In this write up we are going to provide you with complete and detailed information about the benefits of Office 365. And why business organizations are migrating to the cloud instead of on premise Exchange. Moreover, we are going to describe the best way to migrate on premise exchange to Office 365 with maximum data protection and integrity. Let’s get into this!
Massive advertisements are floating around lately, introducing the benefits of Office 365, whether from partner companies, or directly from Microsoft. So, what are the benefits of Office 365 over Exchange? Is it worth taking this decision? And if it is, then how to transfer On-Premise Exchange to Office 365 without any hassle. Let’s discuss everything in this comprehensive guide.
Brief Introduction to Office 365 & Advantages:
Office 365 is a cloud-based platform, subscription model of Microsoft’s popular productivity suite Microsoft Office. There are various different subscription packages available, according to the different needs of users, such as Office 365 Home, Office 365 Personal, Office 365 Business, and Office 365 Education. You can also get different essential services like Exchange Server, Skype for Business, OneDrive for Business, SharePoint, Skype, etc.
Benefits of Office 365 over On-Premise Exchange:
The following list is the major benefits of Office 365 over Exchange.
Microsoft offers its users a guaranteed up-time of 99%. You will get all the services there any time when you need them.
- Users can easily predict the monthly expenditure on their email services as Exchange online is a subscription service and it has a low up-front cost.
- Users do not need to buy or maintain their own servers, which can greatly save their time and money
- Being a cloud service, users do not have to worry about future updates for Exchange online. Microsoft would provide all the future updates to their users.
- Users can easily set up new mailboxes in Exchange Online. If an organization is growing quickly or its staff turnover is high, then this flexibility could be invaluable.
- Multi-factor authentication is only available in Exchange online, which is a necessary facility in terms of security purposes.
Brief Intro to Exchange On-Premise
As evident from its name, On-premise is keeping the Exchange server at its own premises within the organization. Users need sufficient hardware with installed Exchange. Let’s discuss the reasons to migrate On-Premise Exchange to Office 365.
Reasons to Migrate On-Premise Exchange to Office 365
- With a site server, users are responsible for the configuration and hardware of software. They can experience downtime if anything goes wrong.
- Users need to keep the email server and their copy of Exchange up to date, in order to avoid downtime.
- The organization needs to hire a housing specialist someone who is capable of monitoring and operating their servers.
- As servers are pretty costly. It can easily cost several pounds to buy one and to keep in working conditions.
- Servers can be big in size, and in order to run it, it needs to be powered. Which will indirectly add to the user’s expenses.
How to Migrate On-Premise Exchange to Office 365? – The Reliable Way
An automated professional utility for this operation is advised, as this is an entire data transfer for an organization can be quite technical and it could lead to potential data loss if not followed this approach. As the other manual approaches could be tedious tasks to perform by novice users and sometimes an expert can get confused due to the technicalities it carries itself.
Therefore, keeping the data security on top, we would like to suggest you use Top Rated Exchange to Office 365 Migration Tool, this is a brilliant utility that ensures maximum data protection and integrity throughout the whole migration process in Microsoft 365. The seamless performance makes this utility a one-stop solution for this type of data transfer from on premise to Office 365.
Follow Along the Steps to Migrate On-Premise Exchange to Office 365
Step 1. Download and Launch the above migration tool on your machine.
Step 2. Now, you have to select the migration platform, select Exchange & Office 365 as the source, and destination migration platforms from the main screen.
Step 3. You can use the Date & Category Filter for selective data migration from the workload selection in order to transfer on premise exchange to Office 365.
Step 4. In this step, you have to authenticate the Admin accounts of Exchange & Office 365 and you need to validate them.
Step 5. Now, create user mapping of source and the destination mailboxes, and click on the Start Migration button in order to migrate On-Premise to Office 365.
Smart Features that Makes this Utility Standalone
- Migrates the user’s mailbox quickly at a speed of 40 GB* per hour
- It has no limitation on user mailbox size, n number of users can be migrated
- Allows users to transfer mailbox from subdomains as well
- Alos provides a facility for selective data migration
- Maintains the folder structure and hierarchy
- Fetches the users from the server and also provides an option to import CSV
- It can priorities the user account for the prior migration from the queue
Putting It All Together
After having a detailed comparison between Office 365 vs Exchange on premise, we have found that there are various reasons for users to migrate from on premise Exchange to Office 365.
Hence, in this comprehensive guide, we have also described the best way to perform this operation without any data loss. As the above-mentioned tool is an error-free and reliable tool, that can easily migrate data for the same.