Gurgaon is emerging as the hub for real estate development with many luxury properties being developed alongside other commercial and housing projects in Gurugram. Now, under Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana, a number of developers have started affordable housing projects in Gurgaon as part of the HUDA Affordable Housing projects Gurgaon. These projects contain low-budget housing perfect for those who are looking to move out from a rental to buy their very own apartment.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) launched in 2015 aims to provide affordable homes to about 20 million families by 2022. HUDA Affordable Housing Gurgaon is a partnership between developers and the Haryana government. It is committed to contributing to this goal in Gurgaon. Here are some questions that you might have:
Who is eligible for affordable housing in Gurgaon?
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and the Low Income Group (LIG) will be the main beneficiaries of this scheme.
- MIG-I (annual household income up to Rs. 6 Lakh) and MIG-II (annual household income up to Rs. 6 Lakh) categories will also be given preference.
- Applicants that don’t belong to EWS, LIG, MIG-I, or MIG-II can also apply under this scheme.
- Family comprising a husband, wife, and unmarried children.
- An adult who has a steady income irrespective of marital status and does not own a pucca house in his or her name.
- A married couple can buy a value home either individually or in joint ownership.
What are some of the benefits of the HUDA Affordable Housing Scheme?
- All beneficiaries get subsidy interest rates at 6.5% on housing loans for the term of 15 years.
- GST rate is 1% for all affordable home projects in Gurgaon.
- Special preference will be given to those who have not been allotted any flat or plot in any HUDA developed colony or sector.
- In accordance with the PMAY scheme, special preference will be given to differently-abled and senior citizens in the allocation of ground floors.
- These projects are being constructed with sustainable and eco-friendly technologies
What is the process of buying affordable homes in Gurgaon?
To apply under the HUDA Affordable Housing Gurgaon scheme, register at Common Service Centers provided by your state or union territory. Pay Rs. 25 plus GST as registration fee. As another option, you can apply online by visiting the Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana (PMAY) official website: http://pmaymis.gov.in. Over there click the hamburger menu and under “Citizen Assessment” select “apply online” to find “Affordable Housing in Partnership”.
Be sure to keep your Aadhaar card handy to fill in the necessary details. Once you’ve submitted the application you’ll be provided with an application number. This number will help you to track the status of your application.
What will happen after the application for an affordable house is submitted?
After you have registered yourself under the HUDA Affordable Housing scheme get in touch with various developers like MRG World that are a part of the scheme. Register with one of these affordable home projects in Gurgaon. Be sure to make the right choice because buying a house is a lifetime investment!
An affordable house in Gurgaon can only be bought via cheque, demand draft, banker’s cheque, NEFT, or RTGS. The developer does not accept cash payments.
I’ve registered for an Affordable Home in Gurgaon, what’s next?
Affordable housing units are allocated via an open draw event which is done publicly in front of applicants. These events will be separate for each category eligible under the Gurgaon Housing Scheme.
The date of this draw is not pre-decided but has to be held within 90 days after you’ve applied for the affordable home project of your preference. If the draw doesn’t happen before the stipulated 90 days deadline. Then you are eligible for a 10% interest on the booking amount. Note, that you can not withdraw your application before the draw.
Be assured that if you can’t attend one of these events the result will be announced in the newspapers or on the project’s official website. Successful allottees will also be informed personally via email or postal letters.
Unsuccessful Applicants at the draw can get the booking amount refunded via cheque delivered to their correspondence address or via registered post. The amount to be refunded can also be collected from the developer’s office. But only after providing all the necessary documents.
What are the things I should keep in mind after an affordable home has been allotted to me?
Be mindful that there is a lock-in period of 1 year after the successful purchase of an affordable house. Also, you are not allowed to sell or transfer the property to anyone else. This ensures that the property reaches people who genuinely need it and not to those who want to profit out of the PMAY scheme.
The owners of affordable homes are free to withdraw from the project they applied for after 2 to 3 years. Moreover, apply for a different or upcoming affordable housing project. The vacated property will then be offered to wait-listed applicants.
The Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana promises a stable future for millions of families that will also help foster the economic growth of the country. Gurgaon is emerging as one of the central areas where the PMAY vision can be realized. Economically weaker sections of society should take advantage of this opportunity, but it is equally important to know what they’re signing up for and how to sign up for it.
Also, read about strategies to expand your business